Dual Battery Monitor – Model DBM5D
This Dual Battery Monitor is designed to provide a guide indicating voltages on your Main and Auxiliary batteries in a dual battery set up or just a Main or just an Auxiliary when used in a single battery set up.
- 3 digit display with bar graph.
- Visual warnings for Low and Over voltage.
- Compact design both Main & Auxiliary available simultaneously.
- Can be used for single battery as well.
- Automatic dimming.
- Easy mounting.
Installation Instructions – DBM5D
Download Installation Instructions
Please read these operating instructions before use!
Your new DBM5D Dual Battery Monitor is designed to give you a guide indicating the voltages on your Main and Auxiliary batteries in a dual battery setup or just a main or auxiliary battery in a single battery setup.
- Mount the unit where it can be comfortably seen in the cabin of the vehicle with supplied hook and loop tape. Please use provided alcohol swab to remove any excess dirt or contaminates and allow to completely dry before appling tape. Apply 30 seconds of pressure to the tape during application and allow 24 hours curing time before mounting the display. Where possible please choose a plastic location for strongest mounting.
- Do not mount near excessive moisture or heat.
- Route cable as necessary to main and auxiliary batteries as required. Extending the cable may be required. (Note: Extra cabling not supplied)
- Connect wires as per the colour cable guide below.
- Unit features auto-dimming feature. Do not block sensor to left of screen for correct operation of dimming feature.
- Care should be taken when installing the unit to optimise the viewing angle for the driver.
Cable Colour Guide:
Note: The White wire (Not shown above) is used for factory programming and calibration. It is not to be connected during the wiring and installation of the unit.
|Input Voltage (DC)||5VDC to 17VDC|
|High Voltage Warning||>15.00VDC|
|Low Voltage Warning||<11.00VDC|
|Current Draw||35mA Running, 0.4mA Standby|
|Display||Dual 3 Digit Graphical with Bargraph|
|Physical Dimensions||59mm x 44mm x 21mm|
|Connections||1.5M 4-Core Cable|
The following displays show the normal operation of the device and its warning features for Low Battery and Over Voltage. Note: These are visual warnings only. Unit will not disconnect or connect the system.
The product is warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use and service for a period of 24 months from the date of sale. This warranty covers defective parts and workmanship provided that the product is shipped prepaid to the seller within 24 months of purchase of goods. Our products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. The customer is entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. The customer is also entitled to have the products repaired or replaced if the products fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Battery Monitor – Model DBM3D
The Digital Battery Monitor is designed as a simple but effective way to keep an eye on the voltages of your Main and Aux battery systems.
- Accurate Digital Voltage readout.
- Hi reading when above 15 Volts.
- Lo reading when below 10 Volts.
- Dims with headlights.
- Can be connected directly to DBE180SX.
- 7 Segment green led Display
- Dimmer facility
- Battery voltage accurate to 0.10 Volt
- Alternator voltage accurate to 0.30 Volt
- Main and Auxiliary Battery Monitoring
- Mounting Kit and Bracket included
- Slim Design
- Under / On / Over Dash Mountable
- Three Position Switch
- Wiring Loom with Flat cable section
- Extremely low current draw
Installation Instructions – DBM3D
Simple four wire connection.
Black Wire – Earth
Orange Wire – Dash Light
Red Wire – Main Battery
White Wire – Auxiliary Battery
For best results in reading this monitor, we recommend mounting the monitor in a horizontal position, so that the switch is in a vertical position.